TAG WHOLE-SCHOOL PROVISION
In addition to the support of individual subject areas, we have lots of whole-school provision in place for TAG.
Recent initiatives include:
1. Raising Aspirations – we have c.40 students involved in a range of enrichment and aspiration events, expertly coordinated by Orla
2. Peer Mentoring – some 50 students meet weekly and support one-another with Learning Conversations
3. Y11 TAG Mentoring – with small groups and individuals supported by staff according to individual or shared need, we are covering literacy, study and revision skills, motivation and organisation, personalised issues
In January and amongst other things, this will be complemented by our A*-A Master Class programme which, this year, is being mirrored by a B-C grouping.
We have a really nice set-up whereby students in upper school who are TAG and Student Leaders are supporting their TAG peers in lower school.
Run by ST and TF, each session is structured as follows:
- Brief Starter activity
- Peer Mentoring using the GROWER Learning Conversation model
- Whole Group Review – ensuring that the agreed actions are specific enough and linked to SMART targets
It really is a very positive vibe – pop in to the Sixth Form area on a Friday during VT if you can.
Sessions are complemented with training and IAG for the mentors from volunteers such as the Chair of the Learning Committee of Governors so it’s a real whole-school effort!